Migration has positive effects on the productivity and economic growth boosting Sweden ́s performance in the international trade.
This positive effect that migration has on the country’s economy is also due to the high education level of migrants. Therefore, there is a huge economic advantage in migration in addition to purely humanitarian reasons.
IMPROVING MIGRANT’S INTEGRATION INTO SWEDISH SOCIETY
These are many examples on initiatives to integrate at best migrants in the local community:
- “Kompis Sverige” allows new comers to interact and meet Swedes: it improves cultural understanding, participation and helps language learning.
- “Plattformen” organizes cultural events helping people and cultures to meet.
- “Peace of Art” is an art exchange project where participants create a work of art followed by an exhibition.
- “Nordiska musee”, the Nordic Museum in Stockholm started collecting migration stories jointly with the Swedish immigration authority. The aim is to showcase that most of us are in one way or another connected to migration and people that have migrated.
- A large number of athletes are originally from other countries. They have gained the admiration and trust from people and disseminated knowledge among Swedes about their country of origin and their cultural traditions.
- A large number of former refugees and migrants, that today have become Swedes, hold institutional posts in the government, at the Swedish parliament, or at local city councils’ level.
To learn more about Sweden and the integration of newcomers, as well as these initiatives, be sure to look at the research reports of the MAX project! https://maxamif.eu/research/
Max is an AMIF funded project which aim is to change public attitudes towards migrants. The goal is to improve the public image of migrants in Europe by changing the narrative around the immigration discourse and putting on the front the stories of real people.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: THE REPORT ON THE SPHERE OF ECONOMY